Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vintage Vouge Submission



So it is finally done, not exactly what wanted, but I still like it. I took V1084 and swapped out the full skirt for a pencil line skirt. I smoothed the neckline and added the more modern leather belt.

I wanted to add an optional full skirt that could be belted on-top for a party, but with the move and troubles with getting my UK machine to work in the US, I ran out of time. I will complete that part later. In the meantime the dress is complete in its most wearable format and I could easily see myself wearing this to dinner or a job interview. I wills till need to take it in some so that it fits me personally though. I started having difficulty being able to get it on and off of the dummy so I left personal fitting until after the competition judging and for when I have a workable machine back in my possession. You can't see it in these pics, but my hand sewing leaves much to be desired and takes too damn long :)

So there it is, my first outfit entered into a sewing competition. Wish ou could see it in person. The wool is beautiful and soft and the whole thing is lined in the prettiest lilac silk dupioni, which you could have seen in the full skirt had I finished that part. I'm not expecting it to win me anything but I am very glad I did it.

-Z

No comments: